Monday, September 7, 2015

Happy Labor Day . . .


I think I will take Labor Day off, but then I am somewhat retired from the word-a-day world, but my work never ends. As a wife, mother, and all-around everything else, my days are filled with varied activities. When I’m not employed with household chores and supporting family member’s trials & tribulations, I write my blogposts about our Family Museum. This activity is truly a labor of love and I look forward to creating interesting stories to go along with the how-to instructions, suggestions and references to guide those who are creating their family museums.
So as I said, I am staying away from my computer today, will take a stroll through the neighborhood, prepare a traditional Labor Day dinner of baked spare ribs, corn-on-the-cob, French fries, and coleslaw. Sounds good.
You bet!

And I will leave you with a few thoughtful quotes to ponder on. Have a wonderful Labor Day!

“A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.” -Thomas Jefferson

“There is no substitute for hard work.” Thomas Edison

“I believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand; that the world owes no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living.”
John D. Rockefeller

No comments: