Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Happy September 1st


This month is going to be a busy month. Days are getting shorter and evenings start earlier with each passing day. I love when the sunset begins. I go around my house and put on the small gallery lights that hang over the artworks making the rooms glow. I light a few candles to add a bit of coziness. Even the décor starts to change with the summer colors put to rest and the earthy colors of fall introduced in centerpieces on the table. Gardens give their last bounty and visits to the farmers market are bursting with fruits and earthy delights. So let's begin our new month together with a renewed energy and look forward to some special days. 
The Labor Day holiday signals the last hurrah for summer with family picnics and last-minute vacations.
Then the first day of school, though many have already gone back. Know the reason why kids go back to school the day after Labor Day? I’ll tell you then.
Then there is a very special day indeed. On September 13, America celebrates Grandparent’s Day. What a great time to honor ones grandparents, and some are fortunate to even have great-grandparents to honor. So I will be talking about my grandparents and their museum.
Then every ones favorite time – the return of prime time television shows. Summer TV really struggles to put out good entertainment. There are a few shows that fill in the four-month gap, but it’s great to have the big guys back. I’ll share with you a few of my favorite shows and few I remember when I was a kid.
Till then, have a good evening.

No comments: