Monday, September 5, 2016

Labor Day 2016 . . .


Though sad but true, some people work on this National Holiday; one of which is my husband. I think it's unfair, but there is really nothing that can be done about it, until he retires. As for me, I will take Labor Day off, but then I am somewhat retired already from the work-a-day world, but my work never ends. As a wife, mother, and all-around everything else, my days are filled with varied activities. When I’m not employed with household chores and supporting family member’s trials & tribulations, I write my blogposts about our Family Museum. And as you have read, this summer I have been writing a book on my blog. And just like the blog, it is an activity that is truly a labor of love and I look forward to creating a book filled with photographs, instructions on how to create a museum, along with suggestions and a reference guide, and several of our stories and mind-provoking thoughts on  why it is important to create a Family Museum.
And since my hubby has to work, I might as well do the same. Later, I will prepare a traditional Labor Day dinner of hamburgers, corn-on-the-cob, French fries, and coleslaw. Sounds good. You bet!


And I will leave you with a few thoughtful quotes to ponder on. Have a wonderful Labor Day!

“A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.” -Thomas Jefferson

“There is no substitute for hard work.” Thomas Edison

“I believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand; that the world owes no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living.”
John D. Rockefeller

No comments: