Thursday, February 11, 2016

This is dedicated to the one I Love . . .

This post is dedicated to the one I love . . . . my hubby Keith on his birthday. On this birthday and for all of the ones before, let’s go on a little journey through his years with the pictures, cards and things saved in our Family Museum

Birthday cards have a way of adding up. You save the best ones, you throw the superfluous out. Among those saved are some really loving greetings from the past. 
Since he was born on Lincoln’s Birthday, his mom made him cakes topped with a china log cabin & log with an ax.
Many birthday presents are saved in our museum, like these six-shooters, truck and cars. The baseball mitt was one of his favorites.


My hubby admires Ronald Reagan. Among the books, films, and photographs, he has the gimmicky Talking Action Figure President Ronald Reagan Doll. It is unique and having Ronald Reagan’s voice recorded is priceless.

There were many times we could not celebrate his birthday together because of his military duties. When we were separated during his boot camp, many letters and cards were exchanged and saved. This song by the Shirelles reminded me of our times apart, so I dedicated this song to him:
Life can never be exactly like we want it to be
I can be satisfied just knowing that you love me
There's one thing I want you to do especially for me
And it's something that everybody needs. 

                                                                                                                                                        
Each night before you go to bed my baby  
Whisper a little prayer for me my baby 
And tell all the stars above
This is dedicated to the one I love


 So as birthdays come and go, be sure to save the cards and all those funny little gifts that didn’t fill a purpose; new socks, ties, etc., and display them in your family museum. Keith loves to visit his things, recalling the fond memories.

So here’s to you, my sweet dear husband.               
Happy Birthday and wishing you many more!                  Love Lizzie



No comments: